Planning Lead Generation
The Big Picture
Turning your marketing around is not an easy task. It takes commitment and consistency. You need to be open-minded to change if need be. You’ve invested much time, energy, resources, and finances to getting this far. Now, we need to build, update, refine, and improve your marketing to generate more leads. We are all in the art of convincing. Everything you and your organization does has one thing in mind: CONVINCE.
You’re convincing prospects to visit your website.
You’re convincing them to visit more than one page.
You’re convincing them to act.
You’re convincing them to buy.
You’re convincing existing customers to renew, buy more, or stay with you (where lifetime value comes into play)
We’ll go through all these convincing processes and work to optimize each one during our engagement.
Paul begins by taking a deep dive into your business.
Paul begins by taking a deep dive into your business. His assessments cover several topics to set the framework for marketing planning and lead generation. He wants to learn as much as possible regarding:
- Current business model and metrics for success
- Your cost-per-acquisition goals and lifetime value of your average customer
- Competition (which leads to my own SWOT analysis)
- Target audiences – who, role, pain points, business challenges
- Sales process and buying cycles
- Your current products/services: Why do prospects need them, and why buy from you
The Brand Story
As needed, we really need to understand your brand promise.
The brand story sets the stage to answer the question; why buy from you? He’s a one time session, but leads to an audit, and clues to our ongoing content and persuasion strategy.
- Create a Brand Story that captivates, inspires, and moves people in a memorable way — one that can be owned in the markets in which you operate.
- Move your organization beyond a generic value proposition to reinforce the deeper values and satisfactions of your customers’ experience
- Align all marketing collateral (beginning with the website) to the new Brand Story with a razor-sharp focus. We like to say that brand voices are like choirs not soloists – many voices but a single, powerful story.
- Articulate a commonly accepted “elevator pitch” about the brand, your company, and your services
Learn more about the brand story here:
ROI & Calculators
Paul’s ROI Calculators gives insights on what you are and what you can be
One of the best ways to plan and project growth is to use ROI calculators. The calculators include three columns; one for base or current KPIs, and two others with options to project a mix of increased traffic and increased conversion rates. I also include Lifetime Value metrics as well as marketing costs separated by media spend and fees. When we have our initial meetings, we’ll review these calculators as well as project and quantify goals for growth.
Pipeline ROI Calculator
The pipeline ROI calculator captures key funnel metrics from website conversion rates to sales opportunities, MQL-SQL rates, revenue and LTV metrics, and closing rates.
SaaS Industry ROI Calculator
The SaaS ROI calculator is unique, covering free trial and monthly buyer conversion rates, churn rates, MRR trends, total and net new customer comparisons & growth rate projections.
General Lead Gen ROI Calculator
The general calculator covers B2B whose CTAs are typically Get a Quote, or geeral form fills for B2C organizations and thus covers general conversion rates, and projected revenues per customer.
Planning & Managing
Next, Paul develops a plan for each element of your lead generation strategy, and then implements & manages those plans.
Next, Paul develops a plan for each element of your lead generation strategy. Marketing plans include:
- Website Enhancement (update content and design) to optimize for engagement and conversion
- Content Marketing Plan (long-form papers, webinars, blogs, social media)
- Search Engine Marketing Plan (SEO and paid search)
- Video Marketing Plan (for website, thought leadership, advertising)
- Media Plan (traditional, digital, direct marketing)
- Promotional Plan (offers, upsell/cross-sell, collateral needs)
- Email Marketing Plan (message, cadence, nurture segmenting)
- Conversion Optimization Plan
- Tele-services and Appointment Setting Plan
- Measurement Plan (Tracking, analytics, reporting)
To solve and manage specific marketing tasks, Paul utilizes an awesome team of creative and communications specialists on an as-needed basis, covering copy, design, video, SEO, influencer outreach, funnel creators, and social media. And as needed, he’ll bring on board vetteted freelancers from Facebook groups he is in as well as Upwork.