Top 10 Conversion Rate Optimization Tools and Tips for B2B
Creating a website is important, but it is not enough on its own to guarantee high conversion rates. Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) is quite simply the process of increasing the number of visitors who convert on your website. A conversion rate is derived from the formula;
(Conversions) ÷ (Website Visitors) = Conversion Rate
In this guide, you’ll learn actionable tips to get started and helpful CRO tools for improving your B2B conversion rates.
Do you feel your business is not converting as it should but you can’t tell what’s happening on your website? Use data analytics tools to identify the exact source of the problem:
- Google Analytics- It’s the leading source of website analytics data. It helps discover different aspects of your online business (your most popular page, sources of traffic, ads performance, etc.). You can upgrade to its premium version, Google Analytics 360, which offers deeper insights.
- Heap Analytics – It’s one of the best CRO tools for beginners. The key selling point of this tool is its user-friendly and minimalistic dashboard. It tracks EVERY action taken by individual users including clicks on links, form submits, transactions, emails and more.
Create and Customize Your Landing Pages
Here’s where users get the first impression of your site. Landing pages allow visitors to connect with your company right away and to take a specific action. These tools allow you to create quality landing pages that have an effect on the conversion rates:
- LeadPages- It’s a popular CRO tool for creating landing pages. It comes with drag and drop widgets and a variety of pre-designed templates that makes your designing much easier.
Not to forget the lead management support (a countdown timer and an SMS messaging service) to help automate your lead generation process.
- Unbounce- With over 100 templates, it allows you to create impressive landing pages, popups and sticky bars. A major advantage of this tool is the way it integrates with Google Ads, CRMs, CMS and email marketing tools.
- Lander- It has similar features to LeadPages but it emphasizes more on integrations with systems like PayPal.
- Landigi is another tool that allows you to create landing pages in minutes.
Improve Your Site’s Loading Speed
A website that loads slowly kills conversions. Speeding up your site can have a huge impact on your ability to engage visitors and increase conversions. To test your site loading speed, you can use these tools:
- Google PageSpeed Insights- Though free, this tool is simple, fast and effective. It analyzes content on a web page and provides information about the loading time of your site.
It also shows optimization tips which, if implement can help to speed up your site
- GTMetrix- Similar to Google PageSpeed Insights, it’s free and it collects crucial data about your site’s speed. It’s particularly useful for comparing the speed data of up to five websites.
The other standout feature, it allows you to test the speed from different locations as long as it has servers there. You get to understand the experience of your B2B users visiting your site from different countries.
Other tools that show the loading time of your site are Pingdom, Sitechecker, and Dareboost.
Provide the Best Possible User Experience
B2B users can only convert if they find your website easy to use. Heatmap tools track the experience the visitors have on your site and the areas of your site that should be improved. They include:
- HotJar- This tool uses color-coding to tell the most clicked sections on your site (red) and the least visited (fades of orange, yellow and so on).
- CrazyEgg- In addition to providing the user heatmaps, this tool analyzes the time spent browsing certain sections of your site and allows you to A/B test the behavior of your B2B customers.
Smartlook, Usability Hub, Full Story, UserTesting and 5-Second Test are other user behavior tools.
Run A/B Test
Do you have several CRO ideas but you’re not exactly sure what changes will work best on your site to drive more conversions? These tools can come in handy:
- Google Optimize- This free version works best for small marketing teams, you can only test up to five ideas at a time. You can use its paid version (Optimize 360).
- Optimizely- It’s a thorough testing tool to run countless experiments and complex ideas simultaneously.
- Convertize is also another A/B testing tool suitable for marketers.
Understand Your Customers
It’s easy to think you understand your B2B customers but how can you be sure? These surveying tools can give you a goldmine of information to help you learn the reason behind your visitors’ decisions:
- Google Forms- It’s great for creating quick surveys and visualizing responses that generate graphs in real-time.
- Survicate-.One of the most comprehensive surveying platforms that integrate with your site. The questionnaires are easily customizable.
Other tools include TypeForm, Qualaroo, Qualtrics, SurveySparrow and Survey Monkey.
Testing Your Website Forms
Forms play an important role in your B2B website conversions. There are a lot of aspects you can test with forms. These tools are specifically designed for web form testing:
- Google Analytics- It allows you to set up tests for actions visitors perform on web forms and track form performance.
- Formisimo- An advantage of this tool is that it works with popular platforms like WordPress and it allows testing web forms with complicated inputs.
ClickTale and Wufoo are another set of tools designed to track the forms of your website.
How Do Your B2B Users See Your Site?
Through recording the activity of the eye (eye-tracking), you can tell how your visitors view your website. These eye-tracking tools provide insight into the eye-catching features of your site, the items that are ignored and the features that create confusion:
- OGAMA- The heat maps show area of interest, fixation and the attention on the images. The data on mouse movements and gaze is then analyzed and visualized.
- Feng-Gui- It uses artificial intelligence to predict the series of short stops (fixations) and fast movements of the eye (saccades) of the real website visitors.
- RealEye- With a network of 20,000+ panel testers, you can get studies that are accessible in a shareable dashboard. You only have to upload files or your website URLs and get results presented on playable heat maps.
- Hotjar- As earlier mentioned, Hotjar analyzes the behavior of your B2B website visitors in detail.
Optimize Your Site for Mobile
The mobile experience is playing a key role among B2B buyers. Thus, one way to optimize conversions is to make sure your site is mobile-friendly. Check your current mobile conversion rate, speed up your mobile site and have a mobile-responsive design for all your web pages. Keep in mind that mobile experience determines your ranking on search engines.
Information Right Now
Offer B2B prospects with the information they’re looking for as quickly as possible. Consider the help of an internal search function at the top right-hand of your site.
This also applies to contact forms, they should be easy to fill and submit. You can include an online correction that identifies typos in email addresses and you can facilitate completion of the forms through ghost texts in the fields.
CRO Tools & Tips: Wrapping It Up
So, there you have them, 10 Conversion Rate Optimization tools to run your CRO experiments and tips to start increasing your B2B website’s conversion rate and get more leads. With so many tools and tips available for B2B marketers, there’s no reason to remain dissatisfied by the conversion rate metrics. Choose the CRO tools and tips that work for you.