Explore Paul’s many case studies that reflect his results after engaging with clients. These case studies cover B2B, B2C, and ecommerce
SaaS Firm in the Field Service Space generates 3,000 qualified leads over 9 months
Product: Field Service Management Software
Techadox, an IT staffing company based in Delaware, came to Paul Mosenson and his team to act as Fractional CMO and market their new field service management platform focused on “done-for-you” managed labor technician and workflow management offering.
Lack of awareness and value proposition to start, and lack of a comprehensive lead generation marketing and sales plan. As a start-up, generating new quality leads was the goal to begin building the business.
Paul built an entire lead generation management process from the ground up, starting with foundation (website and message). Between Paul, his team, and robust database and email management tools, the seeds were planted for growth. Among the tasks Paul managed:
- Build of a new WordPress website; from new messaging, navigation, and calls-to-action elements to drive website and landing page conversions leads)
- Development of an explainer video showcasing the benefits of the platform towards the target audience
- Installation of a new CRM to manage prospects and build email sequences to drive prospect engagement
- Build of custom landing pages to support digital media and advertising initiatives
- Creation and execution of a white paper lead magnet for lead generation, and the accompanying email cadence/funnel
- Development and execution of a robust demand generation plan including newsletter ads, eBlasts, and social media ads to drive leads into the funnel
- Implementation of a cold email program; by using B2B databases mixed with low-cost sales engagement tools to build interest and demo leads.
- From August 2021 to April 2022, 3,000 leads were generated, and from there the sales and customer success teams took over to close the deals and begin the retention process
- MRR slowly began building and continues to build to reach campaign goals
- The growth helped Techadox promote their services to strategic partners with high success
Software Firm sees over 100% increase in online leads and near 400 qualified content leads in 3 months
Product: Software Development Firm
Zibtek, based in Utah, is a custom software development firm, that focuses on building website and mobile apps and platforms for small and mid-size businesses. It’s an extremely crowded space, with competitors listed throughout lead aggregator sites (like Clutch and DesignRush), organic search, paid advertising and more.
Generating an increase of quality leads is always the goal; leads where salespeople can do a better job of engaging with that can lead to more opportunities and wins. Lead generation activity had always been lukewarm in the United States before 2021.
Zibtek came to Paul Mosenson to act as the Zibtek Fractional CMO, and work with the internal team to:
- Build a message foundation that communicates trust and a sound value proposition.
- Improve SEO strategy that focuses on “buyer intent” keywords
- Project manage new design and landing pages, with a focus on conversions
- Implement robust email nurture campaigns to segue prospects into opportunities
- Work with the sales team on lead tracking, and cadence strategy
- Improve paid search campaigns with better targeted keyword/ad/landing page alignment
- Optimize the online chat widget with better, shorter messaging
- Improve the case studies by making them more impactful visually as well as copy
- Build two compelling eBooks, promoted via content syndication channels like Netline, and via email towards prospects with software development intent
- From March to November 2021 versus previous 9 months, USA website leads up 173%
- From September to November, when the content marketing program began, 380 marketing qualified leads were generated from Netline, for a cost of $12,500. 10 sales opportunities were created. That’s $32 per lead for a “name” as compared to a click, and $1,250 per opportunity; all beyond benchmarks for paid marketing.
- For the Zibtek website, we have seen dramatic increases in organic traffic from relevant keywords; a typical page went from rank in the 60s to now page 2 (as of November 30).
- Improving the website message, design, as well as updated case studies, have all contributed to the higher lead conversion rates.
- Content marketing demand generation, which generates leads from prospects before using search engines, has been a tremendous success, allowing sales to have more and better conversations, and thus more relationships that lead to higher close rates.
Example of an eBook Paul developed and project managed for Zibtek
B2B Customer Experience Platform Firm generates 29% increase in website leads
Product: Customer Experience Platform
Customer Experience or CX technology is a growing activity for businesses in retail, financial services, healthcare, and B2B SAAS. As a subset of digital transformation, CX, when properly executed, drives more revenue and customer loyalty. A CX platform company needed to grow their number of qualified leads and used Paul Mosenson and his NuSpark team to build pipeline.
After a review of buyer personas, Paul put together a comprehensive demand generation plan that encompassed multiple channels. The first thing we did was write a new white paper designed to capture mid-funnel leads. These leads were nurtured and utilized within Saleforce for follow-up. Among the marketing executions Paul implemented:
- Updated Google Analytics goal tracking for multiple goal events
- Set up Google ad custom UTM parameters to track lead sources in Salesforce
- Improved paid search programs by promoting the white paper for lead generation within ads as well as optimized keywords and ads for better performance
- Implemented a robust LinkedIn ad program targeting various C-level titles within key industries.
- Managed a geofencing program targeting key trade shows in 2019
- Built a robust retargeting program with Google and AdRoll
- Utilized content syndication with Netline, a leader in white paper lead generation programs
- Implemented an intent data display ad program utilizing Bombora and Aberdeen
- Developed a nurture program; writing emails based on blogs, mapped to personas, and deployed via Pardot marketing automation.
Comparing 2019 with 2018
- Overall website/landing page form submits up 29%
- 300 new leads from the white paper were generated; the majority sales-qualified
- Paid search conversions up 760% versus prior year (due to content lead magnet), representing 246 leads
Ecommerce Client Increases Transactions 39% and ROI 80%
Product: Halitosis/Bad Breath Treatment
Utilizing search and social advertising channels, the client was experiencing low conversion rates, and the cost-per-acquisition was not achieving goals. The company turned to Paul Mosenson to improve the major KPIs and increase sales more efficiently.
Using conversion data from Google Ad’s search term report, Paul identified the best performing queries, and eliminated the poorer keywords
- Ads were rewritten, focusing on the benefits of the product instead of the features
- Google Ad campaigns were reorganized, and low-converting demographics (age and income) were disabled
- Facebook audiences were too broad; very specific audiences were created based on high performing personas
Comparing October 2018-March 2019 with Paul’s campaign management versus previous year:
- Transactions up 39%,
- Cost-per-transaction improved 30%,
- Product revenue up 32%
- ROI improved 80%
Over 300 Website Leads Generated on Home Health Website
Category: Business-to-Consumer Service
Product: Philadelphia-based Home Heath/Caregiver Service
Lack of awareness of the company’s services in Philadelphia, especially with private pay audiences. In addition, there was no goal conversion tracking setup. Paul was hired to set up tracking and manage the lead generation program.
Very specific Google Ad campaigns were set up, targeting seniors as well as adult children, with targeted keywords and ads for each segment
- Facebook audiences were developed based on a variety of age, interest, and income segments
- Native advertising was implemented to increase awareness in a compelling fashion.
- Besides contact form conversions, email submissions and website phone calls were also tracked to understand how prospects engage with the client
Covering November 2018-March 2019
300 website engagements occurred (leads, emails, and calls) significantly overachieving client expectations
Ecommerce Conversion Rate Increases 144%. ROI Increases 57% for Human Resources Talent Assessment Product
Corporate Personality/Behavior Assessment Testing Targeting Human Resource Executives
Paid search and retargeting campaigns were not reaching client revenue and ROI goals; company growth was stagnant. The client was losing market share in a competitive industry. Paul was hired to manage the media campaigns and assist in conversion optimization, with the goal to make digital marketing more profitable.
1. Worked with design team to update landing pages to improve conversion rate by improving navigation and using benefit-oriented copy
2. Updated paid search campaigns
- Studied keyword trends and removed poor converting keywords
- Data showed higher conversion rates on computers versus mobile; thus, emphasis on device targeting towards computer
- Mobile campaigns pushed webinars and consultations
- Updated ads to focus more on benefits and product uniqueness
Comparing April 2017-March 2019 to the previous year periods
- Ecommerce conversion rate up 144%
- Transactions up 86%
- Revenue up 120%
- ROI increased by 57%
Over 100 Online Applications Submitted in 6 Months for Insurance Company
Product: Life and Disability Insurance
Representatives of an Affinity Insurance firm turned to Paul to build a robust lead generation in 2018; to drive completed applications towards members of a national legal association
1. Assessed competition and value proposition to determine key messages
2. Worked with the creative team to build robust landing pages and digital assets supporting a media campaign
3. Built and managed lead generation
- Retargeting campaigns
- Facebook — targeting specific interests as well as customer match campaign
- LinkedIn — targeting specific groups and titles, as well as list match
- Implemented Google Tag Manager and event/conversion tracking
Nearly 100 prospects submitted online applications from media campaigns, far overachieving campaign goals
New Website and Media Strategy for New York Architect Generate over 400% Increase in Traffic
Product: Architectural Firm
Traffic was limited on their website and led generation was lacking, so ZOH Architects, a Hamptons NY firm, tuned to Paul Mosenson and his team to drive more website traffic and increase website conversions
Rebuilt (design and copy) multiple pages on the website, including a more dynamic home page with stunning visuals and benefit-laden copy.
- Implemented more enhanced conversion tracking; forms, call tracking, and email submission tracking
- Developed a focused paid search campaign targeting upscale audiences in the New York metro
Comparing April 2018-March 2019 to the previous period:
- Organic traffic up 267%
- Overall traffic up 434%
- Conversions increased from 9 to 55
Robust Media & SEO Programs Result in 45% Website Traffic Increase and 170% Increase in Online Web Form Submissions for Local University
Product: Philadelphia-based University
University was not achieving their undergraduate application goals as well as their graduate program admissions goals. The University looked to Paul as well as branding team to create/update a new brand promise as well as drive quality leads and applications.
1. The branding team performed robust consumer research and attitudinal studies, then created a new logo, slogan, and brand messaging to target the key audiences in the market
2. A mix of targeted television, radio, and out-of-home tactics together with a new digital media strategy was implemented
3. Better tracking via Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics was developed, tracking forms, apps, calls, emails, and guide downloads
4. A robust digital media strategy was developed and implemented by Paul including:
- Paid search
- Display and retargeting
- Facebook utilizing myriads of audience segments
- Video Pre-Roll and YouTube
5. Conversion optimization occurred on an ongoing basis, including better use of online forms, more focused copy, and proof points
6. We also implemented a new SEO strategy; focusing on better keywords, more-focused tags, content linking, backlinking and more.
Comparing September 2016-March 2019 to the previous period:
- New user sessions increased by 45%
- New user organic traffic rose 28%
- Website form conversions (open houses, apps, and more) increased by 171%
- Goal conversion rate increased by 92%
Direct Response TV Buy along with Better Paid Search Performance Increased Revenue over 400%
Category: Retail/ Ecommerce
Product: Local Philadelphia Jewelry Store with National ecommerce website
Unclaimed Diamonds, a no-credit needed jewelry store, built a national website in 2015 and looked to Paul to market it to drive sales online in 2016.
Using 1st party data, analyzed buying patterns of customers including geo and demo trends
- Built a robust paid search campaign with targeted keywords and ads that promoted benefits
- Developed a conversion optimization plan for the website
- Oversaw email marketing program to target customers and cart abandoners
- With a moderate budget, bought a national direct response TV campaign, targeting male-skewed cable networks
Comparing January 2016-June 2016 to the previous period:
- Transactions increased by 397%
- Revenue increased by 406%
- Paid search conversion rate increased 240%
- Email conversion rate increased 23%
Content Marketing -Demand Generation Program for SAAS Client Generates 101% Increase in Lead Conversions
Product: Server and Storage Cloud Monitoring
Client: Galileo Performance Explorer
Galileo Performance Explorer® is a comprehensive SaaS IT infrastructure monitoring solution. It’s easy to use and it empowers IT leaders to make sound business decisions and prevent slowdowns and outages. Despite the product’s advantages over competitors’ offerings, leads for Galileo were below expectations. They turned to Paul Mosenson and his team at NuSpark to turn things around.
To attract leads, Paul created a comprehensive demand generation plan which included a mix of bottom-funnel offers (demos and trials) with mid-funnel lead generation activity. The lead generation included production and promotion several white papers and a co-sponsored webinar. The content, which NuSpark promoted via content syndication, newsletter sponsorships, and e-blasts to publisher e-mail lists, generated more than 1200 leads.
- To increase Galileo’s credibility in the marketplace, Paul’s content team ghost-wrote articles for Galileo’s on-site blog every week, optimized them based on keyword research, and shared them on LinkedIn and Twitter. These posts demonstrated thought leadership and boosted Galileo’s presence in the organic search engine rankings.
- In addition to increasing traffic via organic searches, Paul designed a cost-effective Google Ad campaign to draw more high-quality visitors and convert them into bottom-funnel sales opportunities. Conversion rates increased, and cost-per-conversion decreased over the course of the campaigns as Paul continually optimized performance.
- Paul managed all lead generation efforts using the marketing automation platform Pardot, implementing a robust drip lead-nurturing email cadence, segmented by personas, which resulted in a double-digit increase in marketing qualified leads.
- 101% increase in lead conversions
- 109% increase in organic traffic
- 360% surge in content downloads
- 52% boost in free trials
- 50% increase in product quotes
Lead Generation Program for Manufacturer Offering a New Product Generates 80 leads per month
Product: Laser Scanner
Client: Leica Geosystems
A company that designs and produces 3D laser scanning equipment and software for surveying and measurement, has its roots in land surveying. The potential of its products, however, to solve problems in industrial plants, drew it into the plant market in recent years. The problem, however, was not price but lack of education. Education was critical for prospects to understand that the client offered high value.
First, we conducted persona research that revealed two key personas who influenced the buying decision. Each had distinct informational needs — one focused on the technical benefits of 3D laser scanning and its ability to make their lives easier and safer, and the other motivated by bottom-line results. Based on our findings, we developed a content strategy, a map to show how each piece of content helped to move the buying decision forward, and an editorial calendar outlining a schedule for producing e-books, case studies, webinars and more. Paul built and implemented the content marketing, demand generation and lead management strategy, with marketing automation and lead nurture. It began with an eBook written to address buyer needs.
Because the e-book addressed buyer needs that we had unearthed through the research, and we advertised it through laser-targeted media, client was able to generate 80 inquiries in a niche market in just six weeks. Lead nurturing and continued demand generation now an ongoing strategy.